Aerospace & Aviation
Microflown Technologies offers a large number of interesting vibro acoustic testing methods for the aerospace industry for a variety of airborne vehicles such as fixed wing aircraft, helicopters and UAV’s. Both the reduction of cabin interior noise (as perceived by passengers and crew) and the reduction of exterior noise as perceived on the ground are topics of intensive research at Microflown Technologies.
The company is proactively participating in a large number of national and international R&D projects, mostly the EU 7 th framework.Within the JU Clean Sky (www.cleansky.eu) Microflown Technologies is participating in two platforms. In the Green Rotorcraft platform led by Agusta Westland and Eurocopter, Microflown Technologies is focusing on both the noise assessment of environmentally friendly flightpaths and wind tunnel testing. In the Smart Fixed Wing platform led by Airbus, Microflown Technologies is assessing the acoustic impact of novel sorts of engines (contra rotating open rotors) and installation effects on both interior and exterior noise.
- acoustic hot spot detection
- panel noise contribution analysis
- measurement of acoustic impedance on the test object surface
- acoustic near field sound source localization
- mapping of 3 D sound intensity
- transmission loss measurements
- in situ acoustic absorption of engine liners under realistic conditions
- airport monitoring
- wind tunnel testing
- assessment of directivity patterns of engines
- fly over tests
- prediction of far field noise out of indoor non anechoic test cell measurements