Embedded Software Engineer
The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and coding innovative software solutions for embedded devices produced by Microflown Technologies. The work will be done in cooperation with a team including software and electronics engineers as well as signal processing researchers. Due to the nature of the products, the candidate should be skilled coding in C and C++ with extensive knowledge of Linux. A good knowledge of electronic hardware and signal processing is desirable for this position.
Voyager Software Platform
The Voyager is a portable all-in-one device that merges data acquisition, signal processing and storage for assessing a great variety of vibro-acoustic problems. This device was fully designed and developed by Microflown Technologies, including both hardware and embedded software. Voyager has a scalable architecture that can be integrated with other applications and devices.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- You will design, develop, code and test innovative software solutions and products on the field of sound and vibration.
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementations
- We will encourage you to live innovation by promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Strong experience in software development and OS/platform development (relevant work experience)
- Good knowledge of Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++ or Java
- Experience using Qt
- Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment